Over the last century, fundamental sciences have made tremendous developments which are yet to be translated as applied sciences. As this gap is required to be filled by skilled application-oriented individuals, School of Applied Science and Technology (SAST) falling under umbrella of Gujarat technological University conducts Post-Graduation (PG) courses in the field of Industrial Biotechnology, PG Diploma in Bioinformatics and Integrated MSc Biotechnology to develop skilled human resources for the betterment of human society at large. SAST-GTU also offers Ph.D. in Biotechnology and GTU Post-Doctoral Fellowship (PDF). The School was recently established in the academic year (AY) 2021 with the below vision and mission.
To be among the leading schools for allied technologies, cutting-edge research and innovation.
- To create an environment for the holistic development of the students.
- To continuously upgrade infrastructural facilities to global standards and keep up with technological advancements.
- To develop intellect, inculcate a multidisciplinary research aptitude within students and develop the skill set necessary for global competitiveness.
- To mould professional and ethical global citizens of value.
SAST-GTU also offers integrated course in Biotechnology with PG specializations in Industrial Biotechnology, Marine Biotechnology and Medical Biotechnology in addition to its existing courses. SAST-GTU provides state-of-art infrastructure and modern laboratory facilities to its students and scholars for their maximum growth.
School of Applied Science and Technology (SAST) has equipped its arsenal with highly qualified, and experienced faculties to develop the best human resource for the future generation. Our school frequently conducts hands on workshop and training in Basic Animal Cell Culture Techniques and Bioinformatics for students as well as any interested academic persons at nominal charges.
Next, we provide the best academic environment by following certain policies such as:
- Hands-on experimental and research-based pedagogy
- Personal mentoring via mentor-mentee program
- Advancement of curriculum to meet with International Standard
- University campus program provides an opportunity to work in various in-house cells of GTU. The in-house cells at the University campus are
- Atal Incubation Centre (AIC)
- Design Innovation Centre (DIC)
- Technological Business Incubation (TBI)
- GTU Innovation Council (SSIP, IPR).
We also cater prosperous facilities including:
- Advisory committee of experts with industrial background
- State of the art Central Instrumentation Facility
- High-Performance Super Computing Facility
- Dedicated Labs and well-trained Lab support
- Separate Boys and Girls Hostel Facilities within University campus (Subject to availability).