Integrated M.Sc. Biotechnology (Specialization in Industrial Biotechnology/ Marine Biotechnology/ Medical Biotechnology)
Biotechnology is a field of applied biology that involves the use of living organisms and bioprocesses in engineering, technology, medicine, and other fields requiring bio-products. Biotechnology also utilizes these products for manufacturing purposes.
The Integrated M.Sc. program in Biotechnology offers an onetime solution to students seeking specialization in the field of Biotechnology. This program also offer an option to only earn BSc Degree in Biotechnology if a student wants to exit from the program after 3 years of successfully qualifying the required credits of the 3 year course. Those students who will continue after 3 years of successful completion to additional 2 years will get specialization in Industrial Biotechnology/ Marine Biotechnology/ Medical Biotechnology.
SAST-GTU supports biotechnology research and its application in the Life Sciences to promote & accelerate the pace of sustainable development. It has well-experienced faculty members and technical staff. It has excellent infrastructure with state of the lab equipment and lab instruments, which allows students for hands-on learning. It offers opportunity to the students to carry out education in areas like Molecular Biology, Genetic Engineering, Agricultural Biotechnology, Applied Microbiology, Bioinformatics, and Bioprocess Technology.
Scope of the program
Students graduating with Integrated M.Sc. Biotechnology will be able to successfully seize various roles of Scientist, Research Associates, Crime Lab Technician, Professors, Junior Research Associate, etc. in pharma, FMCG, biotech and healthcare industries.
INR 12500 per semester
GTU-Campus, Chandkheda, Ahmedabad
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- The students will be able to generate ideas for research, analyse them, execute them and publish the findings.
- Having an ability to design a component or a product applying all the relevant standards and with realistic constraints, including public health, safety, culture, society and environment.
- Having an ability to design, conduct the experiments as well as analyse and interpret data, to generate the information.
- Having an ability to use techniques, skills, resources and biotechnological tools.
- Having problem solving ability- to assess social issues (societal, health, safety, legal and cultural) and technological problems.
- Having adaptive thinking and adaptability in relation to industry context and sustainable product development.
- Having a clear understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Acquire students with skills in Biotechnology and provide solutions through industry-academia interface.
- Empower the students to be effective entrepreneurs and excellent researchers to invent unique products for societal need with proper ethical statutes.
- Ability to independently carry out research and development work to solve practical problems in the domain of biotechnology.
- Ability to apply knowledge of basic sciences and applied for getting solutions to issues pertaining Biotechnology, Biochemical, Biopharmaceutical and allied industries.
- Ability to acquaint with the latest development in different fields of biotechnology to enable them to take up higher studies, research & developmental work.